Motivate Your Mind

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need to renew my benefits each semester?

A: Yes. It is your responsibility to notify the Veterans certifying official (Christy Davis) each term if you want your benefits to continue.

Q: Can my VA be suspended for any reason?

A: Yes. A student on academic probation will have VA educational benefit payments suspended if they fail to make satisfactory academic progress in accord with the academic policies stated in the college catalog.

Q: How do I replace my DD-214?

A: Visit the National Archives online to request replacement or register with ebenefits. Click Here

Q: Can I get paid for taking courses at another school at the same time I am taking courses at Cypress College?

A: Yes, if the courses are equivalent to courses needed for your educational goal. Contact the Veterans Coordinator for details and reporting requirements.

Q: Do I need to do anything else to get paid after I have completed the paperwork with the VA Coordinator?

A: It is your responsibility to (1) verify your enrollment to the VA every month; (2) notify the VA Coordinator each term you wish your educational benefits to continue; (3) notify the VA Coordinator if you wish to add/drop a class or withdraw from the college.


Student Spotlight

Danielle Nava
Outstanding Alumna, 2009

Danielle Nava has enjoyed a career in the not-for-profit sector for 15 years while serving the Orange County community.