- Step 1: APPLY FOR ADMISSION
A new application must be completed by all NEW and RETURNING students (those who have had a break in attendance of one or more semesters).
Application Filing periods begin:
- Step 2: ASSESSMENT
Your reading, English, and mathematics skills for course success need to be evaluated. Go to the Assessment Center
located on the second floor of the Student Center after you have completed your application.
- Step 3: ORIENTATION
Appointments for orientation are available after the assessment process. NEW and RETURNING students
are required to attend a 1.5 hour overview of the college and complete a 1st semester education plan. Students may elect to complete the online orientation through the myGateway
portal under the Student Tab. If you complete an online orientation, you will need to meet with a counselor to complete your 1st semester education plan. Please call the Counseling Center
at (714) 484-7015 to set up this appointment.
- Step 4: COUNSELING
CONTINUING students should see a counselor prior to registration and are strongly advised to do so before the end of the previous semester. Counseling is available during the day by appointment or walk-in.
- Step 5: FINANCIAL AID
Many students qualify for financial assistance. Visit the Financial Aid
section of this website or go to their office located on the 1st floor of the Cypress College Complex.
- Step 6: REGISTRATION
Registration, adds, and drops must be completed online using myGateway
. As part of the Student Success Act 2012
, Cypress College priority registration is changing.To guarantee eligibility for priority enrollment for Fall 2014, all New and Returning Students
must meet ALL of the following requirements prior to May 30, 2014
- Complete the assessment process– math and English placement tests (or equivalent),
- Attend an orientation session, and
- Complete a one semester education plan.
However, any students completing the above requirements after May 30th
, may still be eligible for priority registration on a first come, first served basis.Returning and Continuing Students must:
- Be in good academic and/or progress standing – not have been placed on academic dismissal and not on probationary status for two consecutive terms,
- Have completed 75% or more units with A, B,C, CR, and P, and
- Have not earned more than 100 degree-applicable units (at Cypress and Fullerton).