Cypress College is devoted to Student Success!
Career Assessments are currently offered at significant discounts to provide access to these valuable tools and engage our students in making good decisions for their future.
Contact us today for a Career Counselor Appointment!
What's your major?
What's your career direction?
What are your Interests, Skills, Values, and Personality?
Should you trust results of free/online career assessments?
Career Assessments can help YOU find answers to these questions and much more!
The recommended first step in major selection and career decision-making activities.
An introspective activity that enables you to consider your interests, skills, personality and values and learn how they relate to various majors and careers.
- Given and interpreted by qualified career counselors.
MBTI -- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Helps you explore your preferences.
- Verifies your personality type.
- Relates results to career options, relationships, education and many other aspects of your life.
- Helps improve work and personal relationships, increase productivity, and identify leadership and interpersonal communication preferences.
- Computerized program that helps you learn about your skills and talents.
- Explores how to transfer your skills and talents to the world of work.
- Summarizes your list of skills with a list of occupations matching your skills profile.
SDS -- Self-Directed Search
- Identifies personality preferences.
- Explores work environments.
SII -- Strong Interest Inventory
- Helps you understand your work interests.
- Shows you some kinds of work in which you might be comfortable.
- Results are in personality themes of Holland Personality Types, work categories, and specific job titles.
- Profile includes your basic occupational areas, and comparison to specific occupational titles.
- Identifies your internal and external self-motivators which influence your life choices.
- Identifies your needs in work settings in order to feel satisfaction in career choices.
Additional career assessments are available through our site licensed career programs,